Sunday, January 1, 2012

Working it out

When you have three little kids in the house there is almost always arguing. Now, I will be the first to admit that most of the time I don't even know what they are fighting about. As long as no one is hurting anyone else and they aren't too obnoxiously loud or whiny, I let them work it out on their own. I'd like to say that I'm doing this because I think it will help with their conflict resolution as adults but I'd never claim to be thinking that far ahead. I do this because if I got involved in every single fight, that's literally I would do when I am home with them. So they get to try to work it out themselves.

I went upstairs earlier today to put some things away in the kids' rooms and found this sign on the girls' bedroom door:


I have no idea what my 6-year-old had done that made her 8-year-old sister mad and my 6-year-old so sad. I do think it's awfully cute how they were trying to work it out, though.

And for the record, a couple hours later they are playing perfectly well together - no hurt feelings or anything. If only I could let go of grudges so easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment