Sunday, January 15, 2012

Done with interviews!

I got home from my last interview trip for residency today! I've been to 12 programs since October in 7 different states. I'm not even going to calculate how much it cost because I think I'm better off just not knowing.

It felt wonderful to get home today and know that I don't have to pack a suitcase again for at least a couple months! The next time I travel I imagine it will be to wherever we will be living next year to find a new place to live. The best part of this? No more interview suit!

Of course, now is the hard part. I need to figure out how to order my programs from favorite to least favorite for the match process. I am very sure about the programs in the top 50% vs. bottom 50% but I have a lot of thinking to do about the actual order beyond that. I haven't decided yet how to prioritize location vs. quality of the program vs. quality of life. Unfortunately, there weren't any programs that were the best for me in all of these respects so I have some tough decisions to make.

1 comment: